- Assembling style: MCQI2, MCBQI2, MCJI, MCGI, MGTX, METB, MGTU
- Model: RCI
- Voltage range: 5~240V DC/AC
- Cable Length: 2 meters
This pneumatic cylinder sensor offers position feedback to control systems in automated machinery and equipment. This reed switch, also called a magnetic proximity sensory, can reliably determine the proximity of a pneumatic cylinder piston due to an internal magnet on the piston. When the piston moves and the internal magnet passes the sensor, the output will switch "ON" to signal to the control system the status (position) of the cylinder. Depending on where the sensor is mounted, it can detect extension, retraction, or individual positions along the cylinder body. This sensor requires 5 - 240 V AC (50-60Hz) or DC power. This sensor features a 2 wire configuration, with a 5 m cable for power wiring. An LED is available for troubleshooting and operation status indication. It is important to note that the maximum power input for this sensor is 10 W and should never be exceeded to prevent sensor damage. To reduce mounting space, this sensor has a compact design with a length of 30 mm, height of 4.7 mm, and width of 6.3 mm. For convenience, this sensor will mount inside a groove along the ISO 15552 or ISO 21287 cylinder’s body. The sensor is then securely fastened into place using the screw. This sensor has an IP67 rating, is suitable for a temperature range of -10 - 70 °C, and has a plastic housing. Please read to manual before connecting the sensor to prevent damage.
- Uses reliable reed switch technology to detect cylinder position
- Small footprint for easy mounting to ISO 15552 or ISO 21287 pneumatic cylinders
- Convenient cable of 5 m for power wiring
- Temperature range of -10 - 70 °C
- Suitable for harsh environments thanks to the IP67 rating
- It is not recommended for extremely high shock or vibration applications, but for the majority of applications it will be perfectly suited
- It has a finite number of switching cycles, however, with an operating life of over 10 million switching cycles it is more than enough for most situations
The Mindman RCI series pneumatic cylinder sensor is a reed switch designed for ISO 15552 or 21287 cylinders to provide reliable, fast, and accurate position feedback to control systems. A compact design, with a length of 30 mm, height of 4.7 mm, and a width of 6.3 mm minimizes surface area required for mounting. It mounts to the pneumatic cylinder inside a groove along body and securely fastened into place using a set screw. They can come with a cable with various lengths or an M8 connection. Wiring is offered in 2-wire (5-240V AC/DC) or 3-wire (10-30V DC) configurations with an LED indicator for troubleshooting and operation status. It is suitable to be used in a wide range of environments with an operating temperature range of -10 – 70 °C, IP67 rating, and a plastic housing.